Wednesday 18 December 2019

DAY 1: EXPLORERS ACTIVITY 1: SETTING SAIL

DAY 1: EXPLORERS

ACTIVITY 1: SETTING SAIL


This activity is about how people navigate around the world. In the past, people used the sun, stars & the ocean to navigate but now in our days we use GPS. For this activity, I have to list of 10 food items that I would bring as I could take with me. But I have to remember that there is no access to a refrigerator or freezer while I’m on the sea. 

My List of 10 food
1 & 2- Apples & oranges 
3-Dried beans.
4-Peanuts
5-Onions. 
6-Beef jerky
7 & 8-Dried fruit & canned coconut milk
9 & 10-Dried paste & honey

Why I would bring these items?
Dried fruit can last for a long period same with canned coconut milk. Beef jerky can also last a long period. It is also me of my favourite foods. Onions can Shelf live till 1 or 2 months. Onions may be gross to eat raw so that’s why you cook it before leaving. Peanuts are healthy & can last 2-5 weeks. Also of you properly package dried beans they can last for up to 30 years. I would bring Apples & oranges because it doesn’t tend to rot quickly & it has vitamin C & it is very healthy & lastly dried paste can also last a long time

4 comments:

  1. Hi Tehilah, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the assortment of food and drink that you picked - do you have a favourite? Perhaps next time you could put all of the information visually on a DLO or an infographic?! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mōrena Tehillah,

    It is lovely meeting you! I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before?

    This is my first year joining the Summer Learning Journey, and I am so excited that I get to read over the Manaiakalani blogs.

    I’m really looking forward to summer, aren't you? In my spare time I like spending time at the beach and hanging out with my friends. I also enjoy going for walks and I absolutely love cooking and baking. What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    I liked the way you presented your 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage. Your presentation looks incredible! I especially liked how you explained how each food item could be used. You definitely showed critical thinking. Ka pai.

    I think out of all the food on the list you mentioned I would definitely take fruit. There are so many different types of fruit you could take as well so you wouldn't get sick of it.

    If you had to take only one type of food from your top 10 with you on a voyage, what would you choose?

    Noho ora mai
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Tehillah

    Nice to meet you. Well done on starting your summer learning journey! I am happy that you are coming on this journey with me. This is my second year being a blogger commenter and I have just completed my degree to become a teacher. You can check out my blog page to see some pictures of me and the team! What are you looking forward to doing this summer?

    Just a friendly reminder that the Summer Learning Journey programme has already started, therefore you can now stop with your teaser week blogs and go straight into week 1. You will be able to get points for week 1 onwards, so you can be in to win some awesome prizes!

    Here is the link to week 1 https://sites.google.com/site/summerlearningjourney/weekly-activities/2019-week-1-y3-5

    Really looking forward to reading more blog posts of yours

    Nga mihi,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete