Friday 11 January 2019

SLJ

Every day a chemical compound called carbon dioxide (CO2) is produced and released
into the air.  If it isn’t removed, it can become toxic for humans. Fortunately, there are a
number of places where CO2 is absorbed (removed from the air). Two of the most
common places are forests and oceans. They are called ‘carbon sinks’ because, like a
sink, they gather, clean and drain things away that we don’t want. One of the
largest carbon sinks in New Zealand is a forest in the south-western part of the South
Island. It drains away 60% of our unwanted carbon!
Let’s imagine that you could design a sink that could gather up and then drain away any
foods that you don’t like. On your blog, tell us what you would put in your special sink. If
it was me, I would put rice pudding, brussel sprouts, custard, parsnips, and seafood
chowder in the sink. Yuck! What about you?
On your blog, list all of the foods that you would put in your special draining sink..
There are so many things I would put down in my special sink. I would pick capsicum as
I am not a fan of capsicum, my sisters and brothers mobile phones because they are
always on those devices 24/7, bullies because we do not need people like that in this
world, wasted rubbish, wasted food, rice pudding and Chocolate as I really dislike them
. All of these choices would go down into my special sink. If my third choice came true
that dream that would be a miracle. Chocolate,rice pudding and capsicum are just three
things I don’t like to eat. Wasted rubbish and wasted food are just two things that need
to disappeared because it has became a problem.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tehillah,

    Great work! You have clearly explained your answer very well. I see that you decided to come from a different perspective to this question. As you said that you wanted to chuck your siblings devices and bullies! That was my favourite part and I totally agree with you. We don't need bullies in this world at all. If you were to only put two things down the drain what would it be? Keep up the awesome work Tehillah and I will definitely be staying tune for more!

    Thanks,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, hold on a minute Tehillah... did you just say you don't like chocolate???!!

    You're so lucky if you don't like it, because it is really bad for you, but so YUMMY!!

    It think that's a fabulous idea to get rid of food wastage and rubbish. Food should not be wasted when there are so many people around the place that need it. You're right that we have too much rubbish. What a thoughtful response to this activity.

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete