Wednesday 9 January 2019

SLJ

Activity 3: Burning Up… [15 points]
While it can get hot in New Zealand, especially in the middle of summer, it gets even
hotter in places like Dallol (Ethiopia), Dasht-e Loot (Iran), Tirat Zvi (Israel), Kabili
(Tunisia) and Bandar-e Mahshahr (Iran).
The hottest temperature on record in each place is: Dallol: 41oC; Dasht-e Loot: 71oC
; Tirat Zvi: 54oC; Kabili: 55oC; Bandar-e Mahshahr: 51oC. Crazy ‘eh?!
For this activity, you are asked to use this information to create a graph. The graph
should have a title along with the names of each city and their hottest recorded
temperatures. You can draw the graph by hand or use a computer programme like
Google Draw to create your graph. It’s completely up to you!
Here is an example of a graph:



It must be so hot in those cities. I wonder how people can go there. I would
take so supplies just in case I burn to death just kidding. I wouldn’t go to any
of those cities because I know that I would get sunburn or skin cancer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tehillah,

    This is Ms Nalder again :)

    Wow, those temperatures are so hot aren't they? Summer is pretty hot in NZ but we don't usually get much hotter than 30 degrees celsius. Is it hot in Auckland at the moment? I live in Nelson now with Laila and my husband Jono. It is very sunny here (the sunniest place in NZ in 2018!) and pretty warm too.

    What do you like to do when it's really hot outside?

    Great graph - how did you draw it?

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete