Wednesday 24 January 2018

SLJ 12 WK Bonus Activity

Bonus Activity: Crossing the Tasman

Back in 1928, a crew flew of four men ,for the first time in there life across Tasman from Australia to New Zealand. One of the men on board in the southern cross airport was a New Zealander named T.H. McWilliams. Williams' job was to operate the radio at the airport but the radio had stopped working as the weather was really bad the time which had caused this to happen. After take-off the rain and ice were so heavy that the pilot , Kingford Smith , could not see anything which made it hard for him to fly the plane in the right directions. Luckily they made it through the poor weather and safely landed after a 14 hr trip to Christchurch.


If I was on was one of those four men I would
have never anted to go on that plane.Here a
Poem I route about what I would if I was on that
plane.

Poem

Imagine me
soaring through the sky 
that's where i'd rather be
white clouds, deep blue sea,
that's what i'll see
flying a plane it sounds hard to do
but once you get use to it 
it'll be easy peasy
trust me.




1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Tehillah,

    Cadence here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    This is one of the coolest poems I have read Tehillah! Well done! You have made the whole thing rhyme beautifully. It makes sense, tells a story and keeps the reader fully engaged.

    Do you enjoy poem writing? I think you are pretty good at it! Did you find this activity challenging or pretty easy?

    Best wishes,

    Cadence :)

    ReplyDelete