Monday 22 January 2018

SLJ 10 WK Bouns Activity

The Roaring 20’s (The 1920s)

Activity 1: Popular Culture – The Silent Movie   


In 1920s there was a Massive surge in the number of people that was going to the movie.
Huge new cinemas were build in both Auckland (Civic Theatre) and Dunedin
(Empire De Luxe).The Most popular type of movies showing at local NZ cinemas were
some silent films.Gold rush and the Lion cage are examples of iconic silent films.They
feature a famous actor called Charlie Chaplin.
Image result for Logo of the lion cage

The Lion cage.The Lion cage is a olden day movie. It is about a men name Charlie
Chaplin who got chase from a donkey .This movie is a silent films so that means you
can not hear them talk you can only hear music.I don’t like Silent films because you
don’t know what they are saying and you don’t understand anything it would be better
to hear them so other people could understand the movie.

1 comment:

  1. Hey again Tehillah, thanks for sharing your thoughts on The Lion Cage. It seems so old now when you watch the trailer. I don't think I would like to watch a silent film either. It wouldn't be very entertaining and I'm not sure it would hold my interest. I think I need conversations in films to keep me engaged.

    Do you watch a lot of movies? What's your favourite?

    Thanks, Billy

    ReplyDelete