Tuesday 15 January 2019

SLJ

over the past decade, the climate in New Zealand (and around the world) has been
changing. In fact, the climate has been getting warmer and warmer. While many of
us like warm weather, climate change is not good news. Higher temperatures can
cause glaciers to melt (leading to flooding) and increase the amount of rain that falls.
Here in New Zealand, we have noticed the change. In fact, we sometimes have
torrential (huge) rain storms causing flooding, landslides and road closures. When
it starts to rain really hard, Aronui and I usually hide out in our lounge and play games
like Yahtzee, Monopoly and Uno. If it rains all day, we will also spend some time reading
, watching movies and baking.
What about you? What do you like to do on a rainy day?  
On your blog, tell us about five things that you like to do when it is too rainy to
go outside.
Well if it was raining I wouldn’t have much options because I normally have fun
outside when it is sunny. Well anyways I would read a book because I love to read
books when it rains. There are so many books I need to catch up on. When I finish
reading I would cook some food because I can’t do much around the house on an
empty stomach. After eating a lot of food I would have to clean the entire house, even
the toilet Yuck! I would probably have to clean it after I puke from looking at it. So
that’s my third option, two more to go! When I’m finished cleaning everything in the
house I would play some card games  with my nana and sisters and have a laugh
together. And after having a little laugh why wouldn’t we end with family time kick
back and relax while watching a movies.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Tehillah,

    Wow, great list of things to do when it rains, even though you say you wouldn't have many options! I'm like you - I prefer the weather to be sunny so that I can get outside and go to the beach or play sport. (Are you still playing netball?) However, I also quite like rainy days where you have to stay inside and find something different to do. It sounds like you are really helpful on rainy days - good on you! I don't like to clean the toilet either, but I also don't like having a dirty one!

    What books do you need to catch up on? I'm reading Michelle Obama's book at the moments - she is the wife of Barak Obama who used to be the president of the United States of America. I'm really enjoying reading it!

    From Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tehillah,
    That is a very big list of things to do while it rains. It is described so nicely and you have used nice phrases and vocabulary. Well done on you!

    I would prefer to not clean the house because it is quite boring for me, unless I get to use the special sprays and sponges, that makes me happy and excited! I like how you are so helpful around the house and do sensible things like reading and not loud things like making a party.

    What things do you do during summer when it's hot? I'd love to know!

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia Ora Tehillah,

    Brilliant work! I love the amount of blogging you are doing and how well you are going with all this hard work. I am currently finish blogging and I am starting off with blog commenting. I absolutely love the answers you have given to us about what you would do if it was raining. Wow these are some amazing and disgusting things we could do while it's raining. Normally for us we don't usually clean while it's raining as we might have to take some things outside or run to the bin and chuck the things we wouldn't need anymore as it'll be raining. As for other days we would usually clean the house on sunny days as it'll be a nice time and after that we would usually go to panmure pools or the beach just to have a bit of fun from all that hard work.

    Overall I really think you have done a great job at this task as it looked a bit tricky for you, but you did it without any fuss. Good job Tehillah hope to see more blogging from you soon.

    What or where do you often go to when it's sunny, besides playing outside your own house?

    Ka Kite,
    Hinerangi

    ReplyDelete