Monday 24 December 2018

SLJ

Activity 3: Salt and Pepper [5 + 5 possible bonus points]
Deep in the heart of Bolivia (a country in South America) lies a natural wonder unlike anything else. It is a massive area of salt, over 10 000 km2 large, that is referred to as the Uyuni Salt Flats.
Tourists who visit the flats often stay in hotels made completely out of salt (salt hotels). This is not the only unique hotel that you will find around the world. In fact, you can stay in hotels made entirely of ice (ice hotels) or glass (glass hotel). Let’s imagine that you were given enough money to build your very own hotel.On your blog tell us where you would build your hotel and what you would use to build it. For an extra five points, use Google Drawings to design one room in your hotel. You can also use a paper and pencil to draw your room, take a picture of the drawing, and post it on your blog.

If I was given enough money to build my own hotel I would build it here in Auckland. I would make my hotel out of glass. I believe that owning your first hotel is important and I where else would I build my hotel. I would like to build my hotel in Auckland because it is surrounded with the people I love and the people who will support me on my way to success. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tehillah,

    I really love the picture that you have drawn of your hotel room. I think that it is a really good idea to build your hotel in the middle of our largest city as we have so many things for tourists to do here in Auckland. They could stay at your hotel and spend the day going to museums, galleries, shops, the beach, etc. There is no limit to what they could do. They could then return to your glass hotel and enjoy looking at the lights from their window. I love the Auckland skyline at night. The lights are so beautiful!

    One of my favourite things to do at night in Auckland is to drive over the Auckland Harbour Bridge from the north shore into town. You can see all of the buildings, including the Sky Tower, all lit up. The lights often sparkle off of the water and make the entire scene look very magical. Have you ever done the drive across the bridge at night? If not, I would highly recommend it!

    Keep up the great work your blogging. We are really enjoying this journey with you and want to do everything that we can to support you and ensure that you experience success when you return to school in February!

    All the best,
    Rachel (and the entire SLJ team)

    ReplyDelete