Saturday 22 December 2018

THE BEAST



In New Zealand we have many unusual animals. One of the most unusual is the kiwi bird - a bird that does not have wings and can not fly. Pretty strange, eh?! J.K. Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter books, has recently written a new book about strange or unusual animals called ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.’
For this activity, please watch this cool book trailer. Year 7 and Year 8 students in South Auckland, New Zealand helped to make it. Once you have watched the video, use your imagination and create your very own beast. What does your beast look, smell, feel, and sound like?

For our SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) assignment we had to write a story about a Beast or a Monster. My story is about I beast who snatch children out of there beds. You can never see him coming. WATCH OUT HE MIGHT COME FOR YOU. Do you have a beast in your room?. Tell me what your beast would look,smell,feel, and sound like. Leave it in the comments below. I hope you enjoy my piece of writing.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tehillah,

    My name is Susie and I am a member of the Summer Learning Journey (SLJ) team this year. Hope you have had a great start to the new year filled with love and joy. Are you having fun blogging with us this summer?

    Reading this story about your beast gave me goosebumps! I think you have picked a perfect font for your DLO because it has increased the tension and made it seem more dramatic. I can see that he has been internally building up his anger after being used for lab experiments. In a way I think it is only fair that humans deserve this because what goes around comes around... right?

    One question - does the beast harm random adults or children that he come across at night or does he know which ones have harmed him in the past? I would love to know.

    Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog posts Tehillah. Fingers crossed that I won't encounter this beast in my sleep tonight.

    Talk soon,
    Susie :)

    ReplyDelete