Monday 24 December 2018

SLJ



Every year approximately 7500 people arrive in Taupo, New Zealand to compete in a one-day cycling race around Lake Taupo. The race route is 160 km in length. Participants can choose to compete in the full race or the half-race (80 km). Let’s imagine that you were given a free ticket to compete in the Lake Taupo Cycle Challenge next year and you were able to bring three people with you as your ‘support crew.’ Who would you bring with you?
If it was me, I would choose my son, Aronui, as one of my supporters because he’s really funny and energetic. I think that he would make sure that I had a great time and that I spent the entire day laughing and smiling. I would also choose my sister, Leigh, because she is very strong and fast. Thirdly, I would choose my co-leader, Hazel, because she is very organised and would make sure that we followed the trail and didn’t get lost!
On your blog, list the three people you would like to have on your Lake Taupo Cycle Race Support Crew. Tell us why you have chosen each person.
I would choose my brother Blessing because he is strong and knows what to do. Second I would choose my sister Revival because she has spend and spend is what you need in a team. Third I would choose my mother Tehillah because she is funny and would make me laugh plus my mum loves to organised things. These people would be great team crew mates. I wouldn't care if we came last or first at least I did it would the people I love and cared about.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tehillah,

    It is so heartwarming to read that you would like to invite your family to join you on the Lake Taupo Cycle Race. It sounds like your brother Blessing and your sister Revival would make great team mates along with your mom. I, too, would invite my family to join me on the cycle race because they are funny, kind, sweet and hardworking. Our family used to go for bike rides when I was much younger but I haven't been on a bike in a little while. Ironically, my partner Andy just bought me a brand new bike for Christmas. I can't wait to give it a try! It is a really pretty red mountain bike. Do you have your own bike?

    I hope that you and your family have a wonderful week together. Do you have any special plans for new years? I am going to spend the evening with friends. We're hoping to have a barbecue!

    Wishing you all the best for a happy start to 2019. See you online in the new year.

    Warm regards,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete