Wednesday 26 December 2018

SLJ

Here in New Zealand we have a native tree called a Kiwi Mangrove. Kiwi Mangroves grow in shallow water (harbours). The largest mangrove or manawa forests in New Zealand are located in Northland and in Auckland. According to many environmental experts, they are one of the toughest and strongest trees in the world because they can survive in really harsh (difficult) conditions.
For this activity you are asked to think of someone who is very tough and strong. They can be someone who you know personally or they can be a character that you have read about in a book, seen in a movie, or on a television show.


On your blog, tell us about this person. Who are they? Why are they, in your opinion, so strong and tough?

Over the past few years I believe my mother is the strong and tough person I know. My mother is the bravest person I know because she is not scared of anything. My mother is Courageous & confident. No matter how hard things get for my mother she will always stand tall and strong. My mum will always be the most strongest, tough & bravest person I know.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Tehillah,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with the Summer Learning Journey team this year. I have been watching your work pop up on our Twitter Feed and I have been so impressed by the quality of your posts. You are an amazing artist and have written some very thoughtful posts. This is another great example! I really enjoyed reading about your mom. She sounds very confident, strong, tough and brave. I love the quote that you have also included with your post. May I ask you where you got it from? I would love to download a copy of the quote for myself as I am a mom and I also really admire my mom. She is a very strong woman who has dedicated her entire life to raising my sister and I. I feel so lucky to have her in my life.

    I must admit that I do really miss her as she lives in Canada (where I was born and raised). I talk to her often, however, and she is going to come to New Zealand in February (2019) to visit. I can't wait!

    I hope that you, your mom and your entire family have a great holiday together. Please keep up the amazing work with your blogging. Our team is really enjoying your posts! We will continue to read them and provide comments throughout the entire summer. We're also keeping really careful track of your work and giving you points for each activity that you complete.

    Bye for now,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete