Wednesday 19 December 2018

SLJ

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Is
land. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.



Samoan Islandssamoa flag
The country of Samoa. The beautiful trees and light blue oceans. There
are some many things about Samoa that I love like about the
beautiful trees, the waterfalls, the Tropical Beaches and the clock tower
that my Great Grandfather built.

Did you know there is 197,695 people living in Samoa right now. There are
different cities in Samoa that I would love to visit one day. In Samoa there
are 3 main important things and that is faith, family and music. Samoa is
the most special thing to me and my family because Samoa is where my siblings and I were born and that is also where my parents were born. I am proud to come from a beautiful country. I will always love and call Samoa my home.

Task description:
The SLJ (summer learning journey) a Programme for kids from around the world. This Weeks is about A PLACE TO STAND. This activity that I had to write about was about where I came from or my hometown which is Samoa. Samoa is a country that I call home. It was really easy to write about because Samoa is really important to me . It was really fun writing about my hometown.

1 comment:

  1. Talofa Tehillah,
    My name is Patricia and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey team. How nice is to see that your are actively engaging on completing the activities, way to go! I am here to comment and support your posts and guide you through this program.
    I thoroughly enjoyed your post! I can see that you really put yourself into your writing and that makes all the difference. I have been in Samoa for holidays and really enjoyed it because of the colours, the music, the strong sense of community and the beautiful big smiles of the people, it is indeed a lovely place.
    Thanks for sharing your ideas with us! I can't wait to see your next posts!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete