Thursday 24 January 2019

SLJ

There are concerns about the water quality of some of the rivers, streams and
oceans in and around New Zealand. Some people have suggested that we plant
flowers and plants on the banks of our most polluted rivers to stop the spread of
the pollution. Apparently, the plants can act as filters, absorbing some of the c
hemicals (pollutants) that are moving across the land, on their way to the river.
Planting can be a lot of fun! Have you ever planted a garden? Aronui and I are going
to make our very own edible garden this year. We are going to plant a number of
veggies, fruits and herbs, including mint, coriander, parsley, lemongrass, onions,
tomatoes, beans, zucchinis, kumara and strawberries. Yum! If you could plant an
edible garden what would you plant in it?
On your blog list 10 veggies, fruits, or herbs that you would plant in your garden.
Strawberries- Strawberries have an amazing taste I mean who wouldn’t want to have
a garden full of Strawberries. Strawberries are the best. I could make a strawberry
milkshake or strawberry ice cream either way they both will taste amazing.
Tomatoes-Tomatoes are my favourite veggies and fruit. Scientist says tomatoes are
a fruit and vegetable Wow! I never knew that. I could make a delicious salad with
tomatoes and other veggies. It would be wonderful to have a tomato garden.
Watermelon- Watermelon is a delightful fruit that everyone loves including me.
Watermelon is my second favourite fruit. Having a watermelon garden would be
cool I wouldn’t have to buy expensive watermelon from the shops.
Beans- Beans have a weird taste but I still like it. It’s delicious. Lots of my family
member love beans. If I had a bean garden it would all be gone in 1 minute. I like
beans because there is more than more bean inside of it skin.

6.Peas 7.berry 8.Grape 9.lime 10.apple. I hoped you enjoy my post.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Tehillah!

    Great Job on finishing the this activity. I also agree with you four things you would plant in your garden! My favorite one was the watermelon because as you said it's a delightful fruit. I like how you said that it's better to plant it instead of buying it from the expensive store.

    Do you have a garden at your own house?! If so let me know. So far great job Tehillah. Keep up the great work.

    Cheers,
    Amelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Tehillah,
    I liked how you didn't just made a simple list but you took your time to explain why you would plant these fruits and vegetables, great job! However, the activity task is asking for you to list 10 veggies, fruits, or herbs and you did only listed 4.
    In order for you to gain full points for this activity I will need you to kindly hoop back in this post and add 6 more fruits, veggies, or herbs that you would plant in your garden. If you are short for time just make a simple list, such as:
    1. parsley, 2.lettuce, 3.spinach and so on, could you kindly do that and let me know by replying to this e-mail?
    I am looking forward to your reply. You are doing great, keep up!
    Kia kaha,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would kindly add more veggies, fruits, or herbs on to my list.

    ReplyDelete