Thursday 3 January 2019

SLJ

Arguably, one of the most dramatic and spectacular (beautiful) places to visit in
New Zealand is Milford Sound. It has been referred to as the ‘eighth wonder of the
world.’ It is a beautiful fiord (steep valley) that was formed when big pieces of ice
(glaciers) melted. The melted glaciers created a beautiful river that is surrounded
by dramatic cliffs and snow-capped mountains. People who visit Milford Sound
are able to take a boat cruise through the middle of the fiord, walk around the
area on the Milford Track or fly above the fiord as part of a private helicopter tour.
Let’s imagine that you had the chance to visit Milford Sound by boat, foot (walking)
or air (helicopter). Which option would you prefer?
On your blog tell us which of the three options you would take to explore Milford
Sound. Be sure to tell us why you have chosen this option.
Walking: I really don’t know if I would walk by foot as I don’t really know much about Milford sound and what there is to experience in the walk up to the top plus it’s height is about 1000 metres high and that is a very long walk. Walking 1000 meters would be very tiring walk but also has it's benefits as it can also help with my health and keep me fit.

Boat- I sure wouldn’t want to go on a boat because I get seasick and also I am scared that the boat might sink into the ocean. I’m not really into boats but it would be amazing to visit Milford by boat if I only I was not seasick.

Helicopter- I would prefer to go in a helicopter because walking 1000 meters is really hard to walk up as it'll be difficult to hold things while walking up Milford. I wouldn't want to go on a boat because I get seasick. Long walks are really not for me as it'll take me a very tong time to get to the top so I would rather take a helicopter to the top of Milford Sound.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tehillah, my name is Billy and I am from the Summer Learning Journey programme. It's awesome to see that you've been working really hard this summer.

    I've enjoyed reading this activity and I am particularly impressed with the way you've answered the question. You have chosen to write a few sentences for each of the options. Well done!

    It would be hard not to pass up on the helicopter option because you would get such a cool view of the area. I don't think I've ever been in a helicopter before so it's a rare opportunity. It wouldn't take very long as well to travel the distance, unlike walking.

    Where would you want the helicopter to fly to afterwards?

    Thanks, Billy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Billy. Thanks for reading my blog post. If I had the option to go somewhere after the trip to Milford sound I would visit my home land Samoa. Samoa would be a great place to visit since I haven't been there in a while. I could see the beautiful view up in the air. I would have a lot of fun. Would you visit Samoa?.

    ReplyDelete