Tuesday 22 January 2019

SLJ


One day I would really like to travel to China. It is a country with a rich history, vibrant cities, tasty food, and fascinating architecture (buildings). Unfortunately, some of the largest Chinese cities have high rates of air pollution. The air pollution in Beijing, one of the largest cities in China, can get so bad that roads are closed, flights are cancelled and events are postponed while they wait for the smog in the air to clear. The terrible pollution is also having fatal (deadly) effects as, approximately, 1.1 million people in China died last year from air pollution-related causes. The Chinese government is very concerned and they have introduced a number of strategies (ideas) to reduce the pollution levels. Imagine that you were asked to travel to Beijing. How would you feel?
              

Today my assignment is to write a poem about Beijing or china and how Beijing and chine air are polluted. Poems are not really my thing so it was really difficult. It took me 2 hours to think of a poem about pollution and I finally figured it out. I hope you enjoy reading my poem.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Tehillah!

    It’s great to see you blogging with us! My Name is Hasiba, I am from Summer Learning Journey team. I love my job because I get to see heaps of Kiwi kids blogs! Just like yours!

    Thanks for sharing such a wonderful poem! It’s lovely how it all rhymes!
    I have never been to China before, but it is quite sad that almost everyone wears a mask. One day I would like to visit China!

    Pollution is horrible, But your poem is awesome! I think you should continue writing more poems.

    Keep up the creativity and hard work
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete