Wednesday 9 January 2019

SLJ




People in New Zealand love spending time outdoors. Unfortunately, the sun is very powerful and the rates of skin cancer are incredibly high in New Zealand. In fact, they are higher than anywhere else in the entire world! To protect ourselves against skin cancer, we need to be careful about how much time we spend in the sun. We have to be ‘Sunsmart.’

Read the Sunsmart website.

On your blog, list five different things that we can do to protect ourselves from the sun this summer!
1.limit your time in the sun.(Just in cause you get sunburn)
2.Always put on sunscreen if you are going outside.
3.Put on a hat and glasses for safety.
4.stay under a umbrella or in the shade.
5.protect yourself by wearing proper clothes.
It is always safe to stay out of the sun once in a while. You need to protect your skin from your the sun or you will end up with sunburn or skin cancer. You have to be careful when you are in the sun. Everyday kids and adult either get sunburn or skin cancer because they are in the sun to much. These kids and adult might be you one day. Protect yourself from the sun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tehillah,

    This is Ms Nalder - I used to teach at Pt England School! I now work from home for the Summer Learning Journey as I am looking after my baby daughter, Laila.

    You have done lots of work over the holidays! I'm so impressed! Thanks for your good advice about how to stay sunsmart. I will pass this on to Laila when she can understand me, as I definitely want to protect her from the sun's harmful rays.

    I hope you have a great year this year in Year 8!

    Best wishes,
    Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete