Monday 7 January 2019

SLJ


Fishing is a really common activity in New Zealand. In fact, people have fished in
New Zealand for centuries. Unfortunately, over the past few decades some people
have caught too many fish in one area and left the region without enough fish to
refill (replenish) the stocks. When this happens we call the area ‘overfished’ and it
is closed to all private and commercial fishing. If people are caught fishing in these
areas, they are required to pay a fine (money). The maximum fine for fishing in a
restricted area is $100 000.
What do you think about this rule? Is it fair that people are charged up to $100 000
for overfishing?
On your blog, tell us what you think about this rule and why you think it!.
 _________________________________________________________________________________
In my persuasive I believe that we are charged with a lot of money. Most people don’t even caught that much fish. Other people shouldn’t be charged with that much money because might just caught 1 fish I mean $100000 that’s a lot of money to pay for 1 or 4 fishes. I would put the fine down to $50 because $100000 is to much that fine cost more then my house.They should really change the rules. I wonder why the fine is $100000. Buying fish is much more cheaper then caught them. It won't be easy paying $100000.


1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei Tehillah,

    It's Lee here from the Summer Learning Journey team. It's my first time looking over at your blog and I'm really impressed! You raise some really good points with your opinion here. I wonder why it is high, too. Perhaps it is to stop people from fishing too much - and they won't really charge that much but they want to scare them away from it. I agree though, it seems too much!
    I'm not good at fishing though so I probably couldn't even catch one fish. How about you?

    I'm glad I checked in on your blog, and I hope to read more!
    - Lee

    ReplyDelete