Tuesday 8 January 2019

SLJ


The Great Barrier Reef is the world’s largest coral reef system, made up of 2900
individual reefs. It is so big that it can actually be seen from space! The reef is
located on the east coast of Australia and many people believe that it is millions
and millions of years old. For most of its life, the reef has been a healthy, vibrant
ecosystem. Over the past thirty years, however, it has changed dramatically. Much
of the beautiful bright coral has become bleached and has lost its colour. Sections
of the reef have also been damaged by tourists, cyclones and the introduction of
new, damaging invasive species.
The Australian government is working to protect and preserve the reef. Each year
they spend about $200 million dollars repairing and protecting the reef. It is a lot
of money and they could really use some help raising the money (funds) required
to repair the reef. This is where you come in!
On your blog, list three different ideas or strategies for raising funds to preserve the
Great Barrier Reef. What could you do to fundraise here in New Zealand?

One of my ideas is a carnival to fundraise some money. I have chosen a carnival
because I know that a lot of people would love it and the more people that come
the more money we get to fundraise for the reef . I think that we would raise $400.
My second idea to raise some money would to form a team that could go and ask
people if they would sponsor us to support the Great Barrier Reef. Thirdly and last
idea was a bake sale. Who doesn’t like yummy goodies. I would ask my mother if she
could bake up some of her delicious cookies, cakes and cupcakes. Those are my 3
ideas. I think each and one of these ideas would fundraise a lot of money.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tehillah,

    Well, I certainly like yummy goodies so I think your bake sale idea is great! I also really like the idea of a carnival because it would attract loads of people. Did you see the junior classes having their carnival at Pt England at the end of 2017? Ms King sent me some photos and it looked like so much fun!

    From Ms Nalder

    ReplyDelete