Monday 21 January 2019

SLJ

Since I have been busy throughout these few weeks I will be moving on to week 4. I hope you enjoy.

If we want to protect our natural world, we must be thoughtful about what we make,
how we make it and how we dispose of it (throw it away). At the moment, the waste
in New Zealand is separated into two main categories: 1. Recycled items (eg. bottles
, cans, paper) and, 2. Non-recycled items (rubbish). Most of the rubbish is collected
by rubbish trucks and taken to a rubbish tip (landfill) where it is dumped and never
used again. Much of the recycled material is to taken to a place where it is sorted,
separated and sent out to be used again.
The idea of reusing materials was taken to a whole new level by a woman named
Dame Suzie Moncrieff who, thirty years ago, created an event in New Zealand called
the ‘World of WearableArt’ (WOW). WOW takes place in Wellington (and in other cities)
every year. Artists from around the world create outfits made entirely from recycled
materials.
Let’s imagine that you were invited to this year’s WOW awards and you were able to
interview the creator.
On your blog, list five interview questions that you would like to ask Dame Suzie
Moncrieff.
 1.How is it that you create a fantastic outfit out of recycled items.
2.How long does it take to create a outfit out of recycled items.
3.What recycled items did you use to create your outfit.
4.What is it like to compete with other contestants.
5.What gave you the courage to create amazing outfits out of recycled items.

For this activity I had to list 5 questions I would ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff. I'm not gonna lie but it was really hard to think of 5 questions. What 5 question would you ask Dame Suzie Moncrieff?. Comment down below. I hope you enjoyed reading my 5 questions.

1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Tehillah,

    Firstly, welcome back to blogging! I am so keen to see your new blog posts, you are super close to finishing.

    You have given some really interesting questions that I am sure Dame Suzie Moncrieff would love answering. I really like your question “how long does it take to create an outfit out of recycled items?”, this is the first time I have seen this question and I never thought about it myself. I could imagine it taking up to 1 month to complete an outfit, because you are working with materials that aren’t supposed to made into clothes.
    I really loved the part in the article where she tells us how the outfits she made for the first show were made from materials she found at a dump!

    What was your favourite part of the article?

    Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Blog you later!
    Georgia E

    ReplyDelete