Wednesday 2 January 2019

SLJ




Here in New Zealand we have many amazing and unique sea creatures, including penguins. The blue penguin, or kororā, is particularly special because it is the smallest penguin in the entire world! Blue penguins are typically found on the east coast of the South Island in places like Oamaru but they can be hard to spot as they rarely leave the water. If they do come onto land it is usually at night, when most of us are sound asleep! That’s because they are nocturnal. Not all of us, however, sleep all night. In fact, some people love to stay awake late into the evening. People who like to stay up late are called ‘night owls.’ Are you a night owl or are you an early riser, like me? I typically wake up every day around 6:00 a.m. and jump out of bed, ready to start the day!
On your blog, tell us whether you are a night owl or an early riser. Then, tell us about the rest of  your family. Are they the same as you?

I'm not really sure if I'm a early riser or night owl. I would probably choose early riser because I'm always the first person to wake up but at the same time I sometimes sleep late. So I have decided to write about both of these 2 options.
Early riser-
I normally wake up early in the morning around 7:23. It’s hard for some people to wake up in the morning. When I wake up in the morning I would normally make breakfast which would be eggs and toast or pancakes and strawberry. After I have made breakfast I would wake up my parents,brothers and sisters. When everyone was has finished eating I would always be the first one to be picked to clean and feed the dogs.

Night owl-
Sometimes it’s hard to go to sleep because I need to stay up and help my nana and parents. I don’t have much time to sleep because my family is really busy. But I’m use to it now. I may only get 6 hours of sleep but at least I am helping my parents and family. I have to stay up to help my Mother.

1 comment:

  1. Mauri Tehillah,

    It is entirely possible to be both a night owl and early riser, and it sounds like this the case for some of your household. Lots of families have to get a lot done before the next day starts, because they are busy juggling a bunch of things, so I think it's great that you help out at home. Are you the eldest in your family? Sleep is very important so try to take turns with you brothers and sisters if you can!

    Perhaps next time you could share how you make your breakfast, love the sound of pancakes and strawberries!

    My favourite thing to do when I do get to sleep in (which isn't very often), is hit the snooze button, it's very satisfying. As for my house, my whole family are a bunch of night owls and early risers, it really just depends on everyone's work and school schedule.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.




    ReplyDelete